Keep your label pristine with coated or laminated labels
A coating or lamination protects the surface of your label from scuffing, while protecting your graphics (your branding). This also protects the label from the elements and product spills. Some coatings also add vibrancy and luster to the label colors.
Columbine Label offers a wide range of coated and laminated labels to meet the varied needs of our clients. After discussing your product’s specifications and requirements, our experienced sales and service team will select the right coating or lamination to protect your label.
Which coating or lamination is right for your product? Don’t worry – we’ve got your back
With 25 years’ experience in the label printing business, our customers rely on our depth of expertise when it comes to coatings, lamination, paper versus film, Digital versus Flexographic, and more. Plus, they appreciate our consistent color management, on-time delivery and “can do” customer service.
Here’s a quick primer on coated and laminated labels:
- Water-based varnish adds a minimal layer of protection to the labels inks.
- Imprint-able varnishes allow the label surface to be written on or printed on (depending on the requirement).
- UV varnish adds a durable glossy finish to the label and brings out vibrant colors. (Keep in mind that UV varnish does not make the label UV resistant. The name derives from the fact that UV varnishes are cured with UV lights. If your label requires UV resistance, we recommend using a polyester laminate.)
- Gloss laminate provides a glossy finish and is highly resistant to scuffing and spills. It also helps the label resist tearing.
- Matte laminate provides a durable matte finish that helps to protect the label from spills and most tears.
- Polyester laminate is highly durable and protects the label from scuffing, tearing and spills. It also provides a degree of UV resistance, providing protection for certain colors that are prone to fading in direct sunlight.